In this Weber Q1200 vs Q2200 review, we will compare the grills in terms of their size, cooking power, portability, and price. Our top pick is the Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill.
Grilling is a popular cooking method that has been around for centuries. It is a great way to prepare food, especially during outdoor activities such as camping, picnics, and tailgating.
Weber is a well-known brand that specializes in producing high-quality grills for outdoor cooking. The Weber Q series is a line of portable gas grills that are perfect for on-the-go grilling.
When it comes to purchasing a portable gas grill, there are several factors to consider. The size, weight, cooking power, and price are some of the most important aspects to keep in mind.
The Weber Q1200 and Q2200 are both compact and lightweight, making them easy to transport. They are also both fueled by propane gas, which is convenient for outdoor cooking. However, there are some differences between the two models that may influence your decision.
By the end of this review, you will have a better understanding of which model is the best fit for your needs.
Weber Q1200 vs Q2200 Review
If you’re looking for a reliable and high-quality grill, then the Weber Q1200 and Q2200 are definitely worth considering. Both models are designed to provide excellent performance, durability, and convenience. Here are the pros and cons of each model:
Weber Q1200 Pros
- Compact and portable design
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Provides even heat distribution
Weber Q1200 Cons
- Smaller cooking surface
- Limited temperature control
- Not suitable for large gatherings
Weber Q2200 Pros
- Larger cooking surface
- Adjustable temperature control
- Built-in thermometer
Weber Q2200 Cons
- Heavier and less portable
- More difficult to clean
- Higher price point
Overall, the Weber Q1200 and Q2200 are both great options depending on your needs and preferences.
If you value portability and ease of use, then the Q1200 is a great choice. If you need a larger cooking surface and more advanced temperature control, then the Q2200 is the way to go.
Let’s go over the best grills and accessories.
If you’re looking for a reliable and compact grill that’s perfect for both home and camping use, then the Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is definitely worth considering.
- The grill is compact and portable, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- It comes fully assembled right out of the box, so you can start grilling right away.
- The porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body ensure even heating and long-lasting durability.
- The grill’s small size means that it can only accommodate a limited amount of food at once.
- Some users have reported difficulty with the electronic ignition system.
- The grill’s disposable LP cylinder must be purchased separately.
The Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a high-quality grill that’s easy to use and transport. Its compact size makes it perfect for small outdoor spaces, and its durable construction ensures that it will last for years to come.
The grill features a single stainless steel burner that produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat the 189 square-inch total cooking area. The lid and tables can be folded down for easy storage, and the grill’s glass-reinforced nylon frame is both lightweight and durable.
One of the standout features of the Weber Q1200 is its easy-start electronic ignition system, which ensures that the grill lights up on the very first try. The burner valve settings are also infinitely adjustable, allowing you to fine-tune the heat level for direct or indirect cooking.
Overall, the Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is an excellent choice for anyone who wants a high-quality grill that’s both portable and easy to use.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable grill that can handle all your outdoor cooking needs, then this is definitely a product worth considering.
If you’re in the market for a compact yet powerful propane grill, the Weber Q2200 could be just what you’re looking for.
- With a total cooking area of 280 square inches and a stainless steel burner that puts out 12,000 BTUs per hour, this grill packs a lot of power into a small package.
- The porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates provide excellent heat retention and distribution, ensuring that your food cooks evenly every time.
- The grill is designed with portability in mind, making it perfect for camping, tailgating, and other outdoor adventures.
- While the folding work tables are a nice touch, they can be a bit flimsy and may not hold up well over time.
- Some users have reported that the grill’s built-in thermometer is not very accurate, so you may need to invest in a separate thermometer if you want to ensure that your food is cooked to perfection.
- The grill runs on disposable LP cylinders, which can be a bit pricey if you plan on using the grill frequently.
Overall, the Weber Q2200 is a solid choice for anyone looking for a powerful, portable propane grill that can handle a variety of cooking tasks (find out the difference between electric vs propane smokers).
Whether you’re grilling up burgers for a backyard barbecue or cooking a full meal while camping in the great outdoors, this grill is up to the task.
If you’re looking for a high-quality grill cover for your Weber Q-series gas grill, the QuliMetal 7113 is definitely worth considering.
- The QuliMetal 7113 is made with heavy-duty PU fabric that is waterproof, fade-resistant, and UV-protected, ensuring that your grill will stay protected from the elements.
- The large Velcro straps on each side of the cover keep it securely fastened, even in windy conditions.
- The reflective tape on the cover makes it easy to locate your grill in the dark, while the air holes prevent moisture and condensation from building up.
- The QuliMetal 7113 may not fit all models of Weber Q-series gas grills, so be sure to check the compatibility before purchasing.
- Some users have reported that the cover is difficult to clean and may require frequent washing to keep it looking its best.
- The QuliMetal 7113 is relatively expensive compared to other grill covers on the market.
Overall, the QuliMetal 7113 is a high-quality grill cover that is designed to protect your Weber Q-series gas grill from the elements.
While it may be a bit pricier than other options, its durable construction and convenient features make it a worthwhile investment for anyone who wants to keep their grill looking and performing its best.
In terms of accessories, the EDIBIN Grill Carry Bag is a great option for those who want to transport their Weber Q2200 grill safely and conveniently. The bag is custom-designed to fit the Q2200 and features a padded shoulder strap and waterproof design.
However, some users have reported that the bag is too big for their Q2200, so be sure to measure your grill before purchasing.
Now, let’s take a look at the Criditpid 6559 Cast Iron Cooking Griddle for Weber Q Series Gas Grills Accessories.
If you’re looking for a high-quality griddle for your Weber Q series grill, then the Criditpid 6559 Cast Iron Cooking Griddle is definitely worth considering. Here’s why:
- Compatible with a wide range of Weber Q series grills
- Distributes heat evenly
- Non-stick surface for easy cleaning
- Fragile due to bumps during transportation
- Only fits one griddle and one grate
- Not suitable for large pieces of meat
The Criditpid 6559 Cast Iron Cooking Griddle is a great accessory for your Weber Q series grill. It provides an even cooking surface and is easy to clean. However, be sure to handle it with care due to its fragility (check out the best fire pit cooking grates).
When choosing between the Weber Q1200 and Q2200, there are a few important factors to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs.
Here are some key features to look at:
Size and Cooking Area
The size of the grill and cooking area is an important consideration. If you plan on cooking for a large group, a larger grill with a bigger cooking area may be more suitable. However, if you have limited space, a smaller grill such as the Q1200 may be a better option.
Both the Q1200 and Q2200 come in propane and natural gas options. Consider which fuel type is more convenient for you and your cooking needs.
BTUs (British Thermal Units) measure the heat output of the grill. The Q2200 has a higher BTU output than the Q1200, which means it can reach higher temperatures and cook food faster. However, a higher BTU output also means more fuel consumption.
If you plan on taking your grill on the go, portability is an important factor. Both the Q1200 and Q2200 are designed for portability, but the Q1200 is smaller and lighter, making it more convenient to transport.
Both grills come with additional features such as built-in thermometers, side tables, and tool hooks. Consider which features are important to you and your cooking needs.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision on which grill is best for you.
You might also be interested in checking out the comparison guide for heater electric vs propane.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main differences in cooking surface area between the Q1200 and Q2200?
The Weber Q1200 has a cooking surface area of 189 square inches, while the Q2200 has a larger surface area of 280 square inches. This means that the Q2200 can accommodate more food at once and is better suited for larger gatherings.
How does the BTU output compare between the Q1200 and Q2200 models?
The Q2200 has a higher BTU output than the Q1200, with 12,000 BTUs compared to the Q1200’s 8,500 BTUs. This means that the Q2200 can heat up faster and maintain higher temperatures, making it more suitable for grilling thicker cuts of meat.
Can the Q1200 and Q2200 both accommodate indirect cooking methods?
Yes, both the Q1200 and Q2200 can accommodate indirect cooking methods. However, the Q2200 has a built-in thermometer, which makes it easier to monitor the temperature and adjust accordingly.
What are the portability differences between the Q1200 and Q2200?
Both the Q1200 and Q2200 are designed for portability, with compact sizes and built-in handles. However, the Q2200 is slightly heavier than the Q1200, weighing in at 42 pounds compared to the Q1200’s 31 pounds.
How do the side tables of the Q1200 compare to those of the Q2200 in terms of functionality and space?
The Q2200 has larger side tables than the Q1200, providing more space for food preparation and storage. Additionally, the Q2200’s side tables are foldable, making it easier to store and transport.
Are there any significant differences in the build quality or materials between the Q1200 and Q2200?
Both the Q1200 and Q2200 are made with durable materials and have a solid build quality. However, the Q2200 has a cast-aluminum body and lid, which is more durable and resistant to rust than the Q1200’s cast-iron body and lid.